Homebuyers Survey Birmingham
Homebuyers Survey from the Surveyors at Property LinkOne of the most popular services provided by Property Link is the Homebuyers Survey, otherwise known as a Homebuyers Report. This is a survey, completed by Surveyors and Structural Engineers, dedicated to providing homebuyers with all the information they need regarding the condition of the property which they are considering buying. It is highly recommended that all buyers have a Homebuyers Report completed before making an offer on a property as it helps the buyer to make an informed decision as to whether to make an offer and if so, how much for.
What is a Homebuyers Survey?
A Homebuyers Survey and Valuation (HSV), otherwise known as a Homebuyers Report was introduced in 2009 by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
The report is usually completed within a standard format so that includes all the necessary information a buyer needs to make an informed decision and it must be completed by qualified Surveyors and Structural Engineers.
What is included in the Homebuyers Survey?This report completed by Property Link Surveyors and Structural Engineers, includes a range of information, such as:
- The condition of the external parts of the property.
- The condition of the internal parts of the property.
- The overall site and drainage.
- Services and their general condition.
- Estimated market value of the property.
- The report will detail any defects and advise on any urgent remedial works.
- The report will also advise on any further evaluation required prior to commitment.
Benefits of a Homebuyers SurveyHomebuyers Survey Birmingham – A Homebuyers Survey is not a necessity and may seem like an extra expense you do not need, however, there are plenty of benefits to having a Homebuyers Survey completed on your property, these include:
- The peace of mind it gives you that any problems with the property have been identified and before you have purchased the property.
- With a completed survey, you have the ability to negotiate a price with the seller. This report could provide you with the leverage you need to reduce how much buying the property costs you, giving you more money to spend on repairs.
- If you do not want to complete repairs to a new property, the report enables you to request that the seller complete these before they sell the property.
- If the work that needs to be carried out on the property is expensive, it may make you reconsider whether you want to purchase the property.
- If you still wish to buy the property, this report will help you to budget for any repairs that must be completed.